WHAT IS THE VIRTUAL RESOURCE CENTRE?
The Virtual Resource Centre is a one stop service for providing access
to advocacy and communication material related to issues such as
population, gender, mother, infant and child health, sexuality,
reproductive health, HIV / AIDS, declining sex ratio, women’s rights,
nutrition, adolescent health, sexual violence.
It provides a resource base that can help further the dialogue and enhance
understanding on any or all the above issues among different audiences.
The material hosted on the website is especially appropriate for the
1. NGOs and civil society groups working in related areas
2. Schools: Senior students and teachers
3. Government bodies working with communities
4. Medical Colleges - students and teaching staff
5. Institutes of Public Health
6. University Colleges - Departments of social work, sociology,
7. Researchers and Research Organizations
8. Media: Print and TV journalists
Most of the material is available for free. All you need to do is log
onto the website and download films, posters, spots, still photographs, articles, reports, datasheets and booklets on any or all
of the above mentioned topics.
You can also request a copy on a CD from JSK.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS THE MATERIAL ON A CD?
1. Log onto www.jskvrc.gov.in
2. Become a member of VRC by registering yourself
3. Click on any section of the VRC – posters / films & video / audio
/ photographs / printed materials
4. Click on the selected material to see the details
5. In a separate window click ‘ Request a copy by post or by email’ to
get a free copy
HOW WAS THE VRC MATERIAL COLLECTED?
JSK commissioned the Voluntary Health Association of India (VHAI), to
identify, select and collect the audio and visual material from various
Ministries, State Governments, International Agencies, Associations, NGOs
and Corporate Houses across the country.
The VRC website is hosted on NIC server.